Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Looking for a medical transcription job. Where do I start?

I have been going to school for med transcription and have 4 classes left, I want to do this to be flexible because I am a single mother of two. Now they tell me they are ending the program at my school because it's hard to find jobs in this field. I really want to finish this and be with my kids but how do I go about finding a job. HELP!!!
Looking for a medical transcription job. Where do I start?
Depending on what classes you have completed, there may be some employers who would consider testing you for employment. You can find a list of employers on the AHDI website. If you find that many of them won't test you (which is the first step of the hiring process in this field), you might consider taking the Tier II Basic Program at M-TEC. This is a top-rated school with a 100% placement rate of their graduates. There are even some employers who ONLY hire M-TEC grads.
Reply:The kind of luck you have in finding a job can depend on how good the training from the school is in part. If the school has a good reputation with employers, the chances of finding a job goes up.





Take a look at medical transcription employers' websites and see who might be willing to test a new graduate. Many won't but a few will. This was about six years ago, but that's how I got in with Medquist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Find Jobs © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting